The national animal of Nigeria is Eagle. It belongs to the family of Accipitridae, class of Aves and kingdom of Animalia. The common name of this animal eagle use for many large birds of prey of the family Accipitridae .
There are different genera and species. Mostly 60 species of eagles are from Eurasia and Africa. Beside this area 14 other species found 9 in Central and South,two in North America, America, and three in Australia.
Eagles are strong, large, powerfully built hunt and feed on animals and also birds that eat very small insects. It has good eyesight for finding food, strong feet for holding food, and a strong curved mouth or bill for tearing flesh with heavy heads and beaks.
- Read also: Wolf Animal
Not only the large or big one the smallest eagles have relatively longer and more evenly broad wings. Sharp target attack and faster flight despite the reduced size of aerodynamic feathers.
The eyes of eagle are very powerful, having up to 3.6 times human insight for the eagle. This strong eyesight enables them to mark prospective victim from a very long distance.
The intense eyesight ability is primarily attributed to their very large pupils which guarantee minimum diffraction (scattering) of the incoming light. In comparison of male t he female of all known kinds of eagles is larger than the male.
The weight of steller sea eagle scientific name (Haliaeetus pelagicus) is 6.8 kg (15 1b). The Philippine eagle weigh 6.35 kg (14 1b) scientific name is (pithecophaga jefferyi).
Eyries which is the name of nest build by eagles mostly found it is observed in tall trees or on high cliffs. Having different kinds it is observed that most species lay two eggs. The older species and larger chick frequently kills its younger sibling once it has hatched.
The major baby chicken tries to be a female, as they are bigger than the male. The parents give no attention to stop the killing action. In the world of Aves eagles has top ranked.
Due to the size and power of many eagle species as they are the food chain apex predator (carnivore, meat eater).
10 Facts about Eagle
- Eagle is The most popular and native animal of Nigeria country.
- It has strong eye sight .the proved experiment shows that the eagle eyes have a million light-sensitive cells per square mm of retina, five times more than of a human’s sight which is observed 2lacks.
- The vision of this animal is among the sharpest as compared to other animal and studies shows that some eagles can mark an animal the size of a rabbit up to two miles away.
- Many of two species of the eagles The Harpy one and the Philippine Eagle have wings that spread 2.5m across and use their massive, sharp fingernails to kill and carry off target like deer and monkeys.
- In Hellenic Republic (Greece) country some eagles like the golden one eat turtles. Drop them from high peaks onto rocks to break open their armoured (safe guard) shells.
- Throughout the world Eagles are well-regarded, appreciated as living symbols of power, freedom, perfection and wholeness in other words divine existence.
- High rising eagles are believed to touch the face of God in some religion.
- Inborn or local Americans gave eagle feathers to non-native or foreigners and also members of other tribes who were believed worthy.
- Large number of countries uses its feature apparently and positively on the coat of arms such as Germany, Mexico, Egypt, Poland and Austria.
- In Greece country where the Golden eagles found mostly hunt wild cats, foxes, and even young deer and goats.
- The powerful talons (fingernails) help this animal to catch target easily and in short time the victim becomes unable to move or alive.
- The main residential areas (nest) of these animals.
- It is also known as powerful birds of prey. Having hooked beaks, sharp fingernails and strong eyesight.
Eagle animal meaning
The Nigeria national animal Eagle is very attractive animal and accept by most of the countries. That’s why use in different meaning its symbolic meaning are opportunity Protection , Guardianship, Masculinity, Dominance, Control, Freedom, Community, Command, Action Authority, Skill, Focus, Determination,Vision, Power, Liberation, Inspiration, Ruler and Judgment. Several Native American derived the eagle meaning as great thunder bird spirit.
Why is Eagle the national animal of Nigeria
In extension to an anthem, uniform and a flag every country also has a national animal to represent itself. All the national animals signify certain principles that a nation stands for. Let’s know the national animals of Algeria.
The black shield imprinted or featured on the coat of arms of Nigeria with two white lines that form in a (Y) shape. The black shield represents Nigeria’s fertile soil, while the two horses or chargers on each side represent dignity.
On top of the coat of arms the eagle represents strength, while the green and white bands on the top of the shield represent the rich soil Badge of the Southern Nigeria Protectorate, Badge of the Oil Rivers Protectorate also featured by eagle. Besides these known as powerful birds of prey. Having hooked beaks, sharp fingernails and strong eyesight. Due to all these facts eagle officially becomes the national animal of Nigeria country. Let us share your thoughts about Eagle with us.