The National Flower of Argentina is Erythrina Cristina Galli also called it cockspur or coral tree and commonly known as (Ceibo). Its scientific name is Erythrina. It belongs to the family of a Fabaceae order of Fabales and kingdom of Plantae.
Ceibo is actually a flowering plant belongs to the family of Fabaceae. Mostly found in Argentina, Uruguay, southern Brazil and Paraguay. Ceibo which is the South American name of the flower is also national tree of Argentina.
The growing process of this flower make wild in covered forest ecosystems with usual stream of water or providing river water system. Besides this, it grows well in marsh/flood and wetland or everglade environment.
In built-up, inner city area it is regularly planted in parks, gardens, and streets for its bright red flowers.
It is a small tree the belt like one band around a horse belly is of its stem is 50 cm (20 in) probably.
- Read also: Golden Wattle the Australia national flower.
In the normal condition it grows to the height of five to eight meter 5–8 m (16–26 ft) while it some species individually grows up to ten meter 10m (33 ft). It mostly exists in the Argentine provinces of Salta, Jujuy, and Tucumán.
The root is the main root of a plant growing straight downward from the stem with nodules produced by the type of bacteria which perform nitrogen-fixing.
The advantage of live bacteria associated inGalli official relation between two different species of organisms that are interdependent with the tree, get benefit from each other.In this case, the tree of Ceibo flower absorb the nitrogen and give feedback which fulfills the bacteria need of organic substances.
The stem of the tree contains wooded and with unequal, spiky or un smooth branches.
The resultant branches form a layer having no specific structure and after flowering session becomes died.The Ceibo is the national tree of Argentina, and its flower the national flower of Argentina and Uruguay southwestern American country.
10 Facts about Erythrina Cristina Galli Flower
- It is the native and most popular flower of Argentina country.
- It is also a national tree of Argentina.
- Erythrina Cristina Galli flower color is red.
- It is also the national flower of Uruguay.
- It is an urban parks, gardens and streets beauty for its bright red flowers.
- It is found naturally in river area or where water stream.
- Due to its beauty the most populous city of Argentina (Buenos Aires) has special Palermo’s Rose Garden.the most famous garden for local and international visitors
- The Ceibo tree(national tree of Argentina) is the approved urban tree of Los Angeles, California where it is known as the coral tree.
- It has the unique capability information known formation known as gallery forest.
- It works a and Cathartic agent. that is it stimulates vacuation of the bowels easily .effective medical result.
- The Erythrina tree has the unique multicolor in single plant character. From February to June at the same time, gives white flower clusters, red flower clusters and mixed colored clusters on the same tree.
- It has approximately hundred(100) species.
- Besides Erythrina Cristina Galli the other species of the flower and tree are Erythrina speciosa (Pink form), Erythrina x sykesii, Eyrthrina falcata, Erythrina humeana, Erythrina humeanavar, raja, Erythrina x bidwillii, Erythrina coralloides etc.
- It is hermaphrodite(neutral/sexless/genderless).
- It is observed and reported that the Seeds of all Erythrina species are poisonous if consume on regular basis.
- After The tiger’s scratch/graze backbone the coral tree can holdup/catch or become trouble in clothing and skin.
- Due to its woody nature it is light and absorbent . it can be use in the construction of model aircrafts and beehives(any workplace where people are very busy, a structure that provides a natural habitation for bees).
- It is the genderless tree and usually pollinated by perching/sit onon birdsperching birds mostly small and living near the ground with feet having 4 toes arranged to allow for gripping the perch; most are songbirds; hatchlings are helpless) and hummingbirds.
- It is good food plant for some other plants like Lepidoptera species including Endoclita door, Hypercompe eridanus and Hypercompe i casia.
- Usually grows on the banks of the Paraná river and Río de La Plata (Silver River).it can also-also grows in wetlands /water resources area like lakes, ponds etc.
- its presence in parks, public areas, and Argentine gardens make fragrant and colorful environment.
- Its blooming starts in between November and February.
Erythrina Cristina Galli Flower meaning:
The origin and language of this flower (Ceibo) is changes with Portuguese all country. Several countries use this flower with different names. That is South America call it ceibo, In the Spanish language, it is known as seíbo, Portuguese call it corticeira and few countries call it by the name bucaré which is ambiguous and having no right meaning.
But its biological and scientific name Cristina Galli which is actually Latin word means (“cock combs”) and this is authentic name and meaning of the Argentina national flower.
Why is Erythrina Cristina Galli the national Flower of Argentina ?
Every country has unique emblems which range from anthem, uniform, tree, bird, animal and a flag alongside this country also have a national flower to represent its gardens, trade and forest habitation. All the national flowers signify certain principles that a nation stands for. Let’s know the national flower of Argentina.
It mostly grows naturally along water courses, in marsh and wetlands. Due to its attractive color and red beauty of this flower, it is also found in city areas such as parks , street, and gardens. Actually, it is a South American tree with cherry, crimson color flowers and a curved stem which locally is known as Ceibo, Sebo or Bucar in different languages and countries.
The Cristina Galli officially declared in December two nineteen forty-two 02/12/ 1942 the national flower of Argentina for multiple reasons. Few of them are the red flower tree grows in many parts of the country in the form of forests.
It makes the beauty of homes, gardens, streets and parks due to its attractive red colors like the rose which is the national flower of America and Iraq. Besides this, it is used in national and public songs, poems and imprinted on the national coat of arms bears its color. Due to all the above facts Erythrina Cristina Galli flower officially becomes the national flower of Argentina country.