The National bird of Russia is Eagle or Double-headed Eagle. It belongs to Phylum Chordata a class of Aves, the order of Accipitriformes, family of Accipitridae and kingdom of Animalia. It is a common name for large birds of prey (victim, target). Approximately diverse kinds of eagles mostly 60 species of eagles are from Eurasia, Nigeria and Africa.
In conjunction with this region, 14 other species found nearly. Two in North America ,three in Australia, 9 in Central and South, America. It has strong eyesight for searching food, strong feet for holding food, and a strong curved mouth or bill for tearing flesh with heavy heads and beaks.
Russian Eagles birds are strong, large, powerfully built. Hunt and feed on animals and also birds that eat very small insects.
- Do you know ?: Golden Eagle is the national bird of Scotland
The smallest species of this bird have relatively longer and more evenly broad wings. Quick and exact target attack and faster flight despite the reduced size of aerodynamic feathers. Due to powerful eyesight, it has 3.6 times greater human insight for the eagle.
This powerful eyesight enables them to mark prospective target from a large distance. The intense eyesight ability is primarily attributed to their very large pupils which guarantee minimum diffraction (scattering) of the incoming light.
In female versus male, the female is larger than the male. The weight of steller sea eagle scientific name (Haliaeetus pelagicus) is 6.8 kg (15 1b). The Philippine eagle weighs 6.35 kg (14 1b) scientific name is (pith ecophagy Jeffery).
One of the most common species of eagle (bald eagle) having snow white -feathered head and white tail is the proud national bird symbol of the US. In near future, it is obsoleted.
For many years bald eagles were hunted for sport and for the protection of fishing grounds. In Aves, world eagles have a top ranked because of its size and power of many eagles (raptor) species as they are the food chain apex predator (carnivore, meat eater).
10 Exciting Facts about eagle
- Eagle is the most popular and native bird of Russia country.
- The attractive and power bird featured on Official and personal coats of arms, stamps, coins, and military flags of Russia.
- In the Wild, Average Lifetime is up to 28 years. The bird main Diet habitation is meat eater (Carnivores).
- The Size of Body 33 to 44 in (85 to 110cm) and Wingspan is 6 to 8 ft (1.8 to 2.4 m).
- The Russia national bird is extremely rapid and can dive upon their target at speeds of more than 150 miles (241 kilometers) per hour.
- The Sea eagles take fish as a large part of their diets either fresh or as meat.
- The Moche civilization people of ancient Peru worshiped the eagle and often painted eagles in their art.
- The revelation of this bird is among the sharpest as compared to other bird and studies shows that some eagles can mark an animal the size of a rabbit up to two miles away.
- Many of two species of the eagle, The Harpy one and the Philippine Eagle have wings that spread 2.5m across and use their massive, sharp fingernails to kill and carry off targets like deer and monkeys.
- The strong talons (fingernails) help this bird to control target easily and in short time the victim becomes unable to move or alive.
- Mostly reside and make their (nest) in high cliffs and tall trees.
- Local Americans gave eagle feathers to foreigners or non-native Americans and also members of other tribes who were believed worthy.
- It’s symbolic meaning represents Protection, Guardianship, Masculinity, Dominance, Control, Freedom, Community, Command, Action Authority.
- The study shows that due to strong vision eagles can spot animal the size of a rabbit up to two miles away.
- Russian Eagle is featured on the coat of arms, Oil Rivers Protectorate and Southern Nigeria Protectorate as an emblem.
Meaning and History of Eagle
The history of the double-headed eagle and its first-time appearance in Russia goes back to the late 15th century. The Ivan III ruler kings of that time (ruled 1462-1505) decided and the black double-headed eagle declared as an official emblem of the Russian state.
Till the fall of the monarchy in 1917 It featured or imprinted as a design motif in the regalia of the Russian Imperial Court. In 1992 the Russian Federation restored it to the state coat of arms. Official and personal coats of arms, stamps, coins, military flags and banners have all used the symbol.
The Russian national bird Eagle is an eye-catching bird and accepts by most of the countries. That’s why use in different meaning its symbolic meaning are Skill, Focus, Determination, Vision, Power, Liberation, Inspiration, Ruler and Judgment Several Native American derived the eagle meaning as great Thunderbird spirit.
Why is Eagle the national bird of Russia
Every country has unique emblems which range anthem, uniform, tree, Flower, animal and a flag alongside this country also have a national bird to represent its gardens, trade and forest habitation. All the national bird signifies certain principles that a nation stands for. Let’s know the Russian national birds.
The Ivan III ruler kings of that time (ruled 1462-1505) decided and show his interest in the black double-headed eagle .And declared as an official emblem of the Russian state.
Till the fall of the monarchy in 1917, it featured or imprinted as a design motif in the regalia of the Russian Imperial Court. In 1992 the Russian Federation restored it to the state coat of arms. Official and personal coats of arms, stamps, coins, military flags and banners have all used the symbol.
It represents Courage, strength and victory these are some of the qualities attributed to the eagle as a popular heraldic symbol. Due to all these facts, eagle officially becomes the national bird of Russia. This was a detailed guide about Eagle Bird. Please let us know your thoughts about it.