The National Flower of Yugoslavia is lily of the valley. Its scientific name is Convallaria majalis. Also call it as aslily-of-the-valley. People also name it Mary’s tears, May bells, Our Lady’s tears. It is native to Finland, Japan, eastern Asia and Yugoslavia. It is use in the meaning and symbolism of Christian lore and folklore, on May Day, weddings and birthdays, and in various celebrations throughout the world.
Flower Public Name: lily of the valley
- Color: White, Red, Blue,
- Shape: white bell-shaped, star lotus
- Family: Asparagaceae
- Sub family : Nolinoideae
- Order: Asparagales
- Genus: Convallaria
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Petals: Four (04) to six (6)
- Native Areas: Finland, Japan, some parts of eastern Asia and Yugoslavia
- Height : 15-30 centimeter
- Blooming season: Spring
- Resemblance: Star Lotus
- Symbol and Meaning: Return to happiness, Chasity, happiness, modesty, and good fortune
- Useful uses: festival & events celebrations, religious rituals, scents, gardens beauty, Medicine, perfumes
Lily of the valley (Convallaria Majalis) flower meaning:
- The beautiful flower use in the meaning world celebrations, religious rituals, scents and in parks.
- Happiness returning, purity, chastity, happiness, blessing and humbleness.
Facts about lily-of-the valley (Convallaria Majalis) Flower:
- Lily of the valley (Convallaria Majalis) is the native and widespread flower of Yugoslavia.
- It is herbaceous long lasting plant flowers.
- It form far-reaching societies/colonies on the basis of spreading bulbs the underground stems.
- Stems of the plant commonly known as pips.
- It grows in the season of spring.
- Height of the branches/stems is fifteen to thirty 15–30 cm (6–12 inch)
- Length of the plant leaves is 10–25 cm (4–10).
- Growing places are lakes, ponds, and edges of streams.
- The Yugoslavian flower has 06 white petals seldom found in pink color.
- Royal Horticultural Society’s Award of Garden Merit had been awarded to this flowerin 2017
- Moreover, the attractive and scented flower contain large amount of poison. The child attractive part i.e. red berries also have poison.
- It causes vomiting, reduced heart rate, abdominal pain, blurred vision, drowsiness, and red skin rashes when even small amount Ingested. So it is suggested that keep away your children
- Apollo discovered it by the name of Apollinaris
- Besides of the Finland its family species flower also the state flower for Andhra Pradesh, India.
- It is also get popularity in sinhales people of srilanka.
- Because of its six sides structure of leaves it is also known as star lotus.
- This beautiful flower has 06 white petals rarely found in pink color.
- The national flower of Yugoslavia grows in lakes, ponds, and edges of streams.
- In French language it is called muguet, which is also use as perfumes names due to flowering smell.
- In early times the plant was call as England the plant was known as glove-wort (as it was a wort used to create a salve for sore hands)
- It is also grow for decoration purposes in garden ponds, homes and festivals.
- Its various family members grow and avail in various colors. Colors of the flower define different meaning. For example White lily symbolizes purity, day lily coquetry, while tiger lily symbolizes wealth and majesty.
- It is a protection place in respect of shadow and hiding places for fish and other water animals. Some birds and animals like Fish, ducks, and other animals also eat them
- In France It is popular in wedding and other celebration
- It is long lasting flower and can remain for many decades in cool environment.
- It is also use in manufacturing of perfumes which perform in
- In addition to Finland country it also the native flower of Europe and when it comes to an eastern variety it also available in Japan and some parts of eastern Asia.
- It is also among the few native population of lily occurs in the Eastern side of United States of America.
- According to the Royal Horticultural Society of the country says that the most favorable soils is the alkain for the said plant where it become large colonies.
- Certain countries recognizes it as religious symbol.
- The Yugoslavia flower leaves has six sides structure that’s why it is also known as star lotus.
Why is lily-of-the valley (Convallaria Majalis) the National Flower of Yugoslavia?
Every country has unique emblems which range from anthem, uniform, tree, bird, animal and a flag alongside this country also have a national flower to represent its gardens, trade and forest habitation. All the national flowers signify certain principles that a nation stands for. Let’s know the national flower of Yugoslavia.
Check also: England National Flower
It is pertinent to mention that national flower of a country may represent and should relates with the history, culture and tradition of a nation. The motherland flowers support and strengthen the country image to the world and play a vital role in maintaining the true qualities of the nation. All the national flowers signify certain principles that a nation stands for. Let’s discuss Yugoslavian national flower.
The Yugoslavian lovely flower has many embedded qualities in addition to which it is also uses in traditional, ornamental, festivals, special events, perfumes, medical uses and also have great importance in some countries régime and all official business that is it featured on postage stamps, Military and forces uniform etc. That’s the reason that this beautiful. Attractive flower become the national flower of Yugoslavia country.