The state fruit of Uttar Pradesh is the Mango. It is the most popular fruit in India and it is grown in many parts of Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh being the largest producer of mangoes, around 80 percent of the total mangoes produced in India are from Uttar Pradesh.
The world famous Alphonso mangoes are grown in this state, which are considered to be the best tasting among all varieties of mangoes.
Scientific name: Mangifera
Benefits of Mangoes
- Mango is a fruit that has the potential to improve your health and fitness.
- It has high amounts of vitamin A, which is an antioxidant that helps your body fight off infections and diseases.
- It also contains fiber, which can help prevent constipation, hemorrhoids, and diverticulitis.
- The fruit is rich in potassium, which can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- In addition to these benefits, mangoes are also low in calories and fat but high in vitamins C and B6.
Importance of Mangoes in Uttar Pradesh
The mango is a very important food to people in Uttar Pradesh. People eat it raw or cooked, and it can be made into jams, juices and other foods. The mango tree also produces leaves that are used for weaving baskets and mats. The wood from the tree is also used for furniture making and other purposes.
The mango tree is found in many areas throughout Uttar Pradesh, including the fertile plains around Lucknow and Kanpur where they thrive on well-drained soil with plenty of sunshine; they also grow well near rivers where there is plenty of water during summer months when temperatures soar above 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius).
Why is Mango the state fruit of Uttar Pradesh?
Mango is the state fruit of Uttar Pradesh because it is a major source of income for the farmers. The mango trees are planted in large numbers in Uttar Pradesh and therefore, it helps to increase the income of farmers who grow them. This fruit is also very useful for health purposes; hence, many people prefer eating this fruit instead of other fruits available in the market. So due to all these facts, The Uttar Pradesh Department of Agriculture has declared mango the national state fruit.