The National Flower of Vietnam is Red Lotus. It belongs to Nelumbonaceae family. To grow the plant Place the seeds into a glass of non-chlorinated, warm water. The seeds that float should be thrown away since they are probably not fertile and will only cloud up the water. Change the water every day while you are waiting for them to shoot. Once you see the Lotus roots emerge, pot them in 4-inch pots filled with good garden soil. A depression should be made and one seed should be set in each pot.
Cover the root gently with soil or gravel. If you waited too long and the Lotus leaves started to grow, keep them free of soil as you cover the root. The seed should be set in warm water up to 2 inches deep no more than that.
- Read: Ukraine national flower
Throughout Vietnam, there are hundreds of ponds and shallow waters where the lotus flower can be found. As Thom says: Re Lotus is a unique flower that has been cultivated for a long time in Vietnam as they are easy to grow, especially in the northern, central and southern regions.
The lotus often blooms in summer but also differs for other regions of the country.
For example, in the north, it blooms in early March and in the south it usually blooms in late May. The flowers tend to hold their structure and color for two months and start to wither in July.
It is as one of the four graceful flowers and plants, along with the pine, bamboo, and chrysanthemum. Known as the ‘flower of the dawn’
10 Facts About Red Lotus Flower ~ you should know
- Red Lotus is the native and popular flower of Vietnam country.
- About this flower, a research reported that the lotus has the outstanding ability to regulate the temperature of its flowers to within a narrow range just as humans and other warm-blooded animals do.
- Lotus flowers have been used throughout history in South Asia and have been featured in Buddhist and Hindu art, architecture and literature.
- About lotus plant a Vietnamese woman says that In cold winter days, nothing makes me more relaxed than drinking a cup of hot lotus tea, listening to the Vietnamese song named “Doa hoa vo thuong” about lotus flower
- In Egyptian mythology, the Lotus is associated with the sun, because it bloomed by day and closed by night.
- The Lotus is even believed to have given birth to the sun.
- Vietnam national flower uses in the restaurant features about a dozen different dishes including a lotus stem coconut curry and a spicy lotus stem som tam.
- Lotus flower information represents symbolically Buddhism and Hinduism for wealth, prosperity, purity, and fertility.
- Egyptians accept lotus as a symbol of fertility, creation, and the cycle of birth and rebirth
Ted Andrews says that “The lotus is to the East, as the rose is to the West
Red Lotus flower Meaning:
Because of this the lotus flower has come to be associated with purity and beauty in the religions of Buddhism and Hinduism respectively. The ancient Egyptians scholars observed that in the night-time the lotus closed its flowers and sank into the water, and came up with a different association with the flower related to rebirth and the Sun. In actual fact the Lotus slowly emerges from a pond over a three day period and then blooms in the morning until mid-afternoon.
It can, therefore, be assumed that the lotus flower meaning is different between cultures, though in fact, they share many similarities. The elegance of the lotus is often cited in the Vietnamese folk songs and poems. In Vietnamese people, lotus is known as a lovely flower, symbolizes the purity, serenity, commitment and optimism of the future.
The Vietnamese have a famous folk poems meaning that “In the pond, nothing’s more beautiful than lotus, the flower of the dawn. It is as one of the four graceful flowers and plants, along with the pine, bamboo, and chrysanthemum Known as the ‘flower of the dawn’ as it is the flower which grows in muddy water and rises above the surface to bloom with remarkable beauty.
Why is Red Lotus the National flower of Vietnam
Since the early time, flowers have attracted us with their unique beauty and cool fragrances. But some of these exceptional ‘gifts of nature’ possess unbelievable characteristics that are unknown to many of us. Here we will discuss some interesting facts about Vietnam flowers, both rare varieties and those we see regularly. State Flowers are a special design or visual object representing a quality.
Lotus plant is mostly observed in Southeast Asia, but for Vietnamese people, there is no other plant like the lotus that signifies purity, peacefulness, commitment and positivity for the future.
Due to these reasons among other flowers, Vietnam like and love this flower. Therefore, it is the most representative symbol of culture and humanistic manners of the Vietnamese, represents strength and the rise of a strong will to live as cultural and traditional Vietnamese.
Due to all these facts the Vietnamese love for the lotus that it was voted as the lotus plant country’s national flower. Lotus flower information shows that it “must be found in many localities”, and it would be hard to travel through Vietnam during lotus season without coming across a pond or lake filled with them. So it accepted as national flower of Vietnam country.