Red Rose is the National Flower of Iran. Its scientific name is Rosa. It belongs to the family of Rosaceae and subfamily Rosoideae, order of Rosales and kingdom of Plantae. Stem is the main point for leaves born. Lengthwise often species ranges from five 5 to fifteen 15 cm (2.0 to 5.9 in), the leaflets are (3–) 5–9 (–13). It lasts for very short time but some a very few nos (especially from South East Asia) have long duration.
10 Facts about Red Rose Flower
- Red Rose is the native and most popular flower of Iran.
- From very early times or stone age it is recognized as a symbol of love, sympathy and sorrow
- This beautiful flower also use in various perfumes. The petals has long lasting and light Fragrance, which is basically checked and extract microscopically.
- Some people dry the petals for decoration and fragrance purposes also packed for commercial use.
- The hips which is actually the fruit comes from contain high amount of vitamin C a, because of this the hip is sometimes made into jam, jelly, or brewed for tea.
- The fruit of this flower hip also uses in preparation of herbal and allopathy medicine like glycerin mix with rose-arq for freshness of face and other purposes.
- The rose flower also use in food supplements and can be pressed or filtered to make rose hip syrup. As mentioned above the fruit (Hip) seed oil is also used in skin products and makeup products.
- It is used as ornamental plant grown in the garden for its beautiful flowers.
- One red rose means: “I love you”. The people of UK, America and other name their girls as “Rose”
- The renowned, famous and last ruler of Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt named Cleopatra VII was decorated the floor of her palace room with roses during the arrival Mark Antony.
- It has great importance in the history of Romans and Egyptians. These countries were and is using as room decorations, or wear them on string around their neck and anything which was said “under the rose” was think to be a secret
- The roses available in various colors although a “black rose” not come in original it is actually dark red. Every color has an unlike meaning or symbolizes something different to us i.e. orange – desire, Red means love, yellow – joy etc.
- As we heard that England is traditionally connoted by the rose, it became the country’s national flower.
- It got great importance and come into fame in the English country during the ‘Wars of the Roses’, which was held during 1455 to 1485, when the house of Lancaster was represented by the red rose and fought against the house of York which was represented by the white rose.
- The most attractive and beautiful flower is use commonly and traditionally believed as flower of love
- It was the rose which become the national flower of United States (America) in 1986. Among the 50 states of USA, It is the official flower of four states including the state of New York, North Georgia, Dakota and Iowa
Red Rose flower meaning
This beautiful and most common worldwide flower name rose/red rose originated from French, actually rooted to Latin Rosa. The meaning mostly changes and depends upon color, environment and nature of use. The most abundantly use and attractive flower has no competitor when it comes expression of love.
Did you Know ? Red Rose is also the national flower of Iraq country.
Why is Red Rose the National flower of Iran?
Every country has unique emblems which range from anthem, uniform, tree, bird, animal and a flag alongside this country also have a national flower to represent its gardens, trade and forest habitation. All the national flowers signify certain principles that a nation stands for. Let’s know the national flower of Iran.
Since the early time, flowers have attracted us with their unique beauty and cool fragrances. But some of these exceptional ‘gifts of nature’ possess unbelievable characteristics that are unknown to many of us. State Flowers are a special design or visual object representing a quality.
It is also pertinent to mention that national flower of a country may represent and should relates with the history, culture and tradition of a nation. The motherland flowers support and strengthen the country image to the world and play a vital role in maintaining the true qualities of the nation.
This beautiful flower actually originates from Persia and it was Alexander who introduced the rose to the west. Roses are universal and grown across the world .The gardening of Roses were quite common during the Persian Empire that is why it has adopted as the National flower of both Iraq and Iran which in past era was the part of Persia.
The Iran national flower has maintained the honor of being the most popular flowers in the world. It got fame throughout the world is its wide variety in terms of color, size, fragrance and other qualities. It is the symbol of sympathy, love, beauty, even war and politics in early ages. The variety, color and even number of Roses carry symbolic meanings.
The Rose is most popularly known as the flower of love, particularly Red Rose. Due to all these facts Red Rose officially become the national flower of Iran country.