Did you know the famous and official flower of USA ? Here is the detail guide about Red Rose. The National Flower of America is Rose. Its Scientific name is Rosa. This well-known and most richly available flower belongs to the family of Rosaceae subfamily of Rosoideae, order of Rosales and kingdom of Plantae. The leaves of this beautiful flower born alternately on the branch/stem.
In most classes they are 4 to 16 cm (3.0 to 5.9 in) long 5–9 five to nine leaflets and basal stipulates .
The Red Rose leaflets usually have a ragged border, and often a few small prickles on the underneath of the stem. Most roses are of short duration but a few (particularly from South East Asia) are long lasting.
American national flowers are varying in size, shape and color .They are usually large and showy. Its colors found in white, yellows and red.
The red one is very popular most species are native to Asia, with smaller numbers native to Europe, North America, and northwestern Africa. Species, cultivars and hybrids are all widely grown for their beauty and often are fragrant.
Roses have acquired cultural significance in many societies. Rose plants range in size from compact, miniature roses, to climbers that can reach seven meters in height. Its berry-like structure called a rose hip is because of the comprehensive fruit of the rose.
Many of the domestic cultivars do not produce hips, as the flowers are so tightly petaled that they do not provide access for pollination. The hips of most species are red, but a few (e.g. Rosa pimpinellifolia) have dark purple to black hips.
Each hip comprises an outer fleshy layer, the hypanthium, which contains 5–160 “seeds” (technically dry single-seeded fruits called achenes) embedded in a matrix of fine, but stiff, hairs.
Rose hips of some species, especially the dog rose (Rosa canina) and rugosa rose (Rosa rugosa), are very rich in vitamin C, among the richest sources of any plant. The hips are eaten by fruit-eating birds such as thrushes and waxwings, which then disperse the seeds in their droppings. Some birds, particularly finches, also eat the seeds. The rose has been around for about 35 million years and grows naturally throughout North America.
10 Facts about Rose Flower
- Rose is a native and most popular flower of United States of America.
- white rose in single form shows pure feelings .
- Yellow rose in single form use for the expression of joy with friends and means to be friends forever.
- Pink rose used for the expression of likeness means that “I like you”.
- Orange rose means “I am proud of you”
- Peach rose use for the expression of “Thanks “.Also use to show sympathy for someone.
- The lavender class of rose means that I am enchanted/catch by you.
- Particular blue rose used in the expression of praising someone. As we say to someone you seem like an beyond our dream
- A single red rose says: “I love you. The name “Rose” is often used as a girl’s name in English speaking countries.
- It conveys profound emotion.
- For hundreds of years the rose has been widely recognized as a symbol of love, sympathy or sorrow
- The rose is most commonly used as an ornamental plant grown in the garden for its beautiful flowers
- The rose can be used in perfumes. The nice Fragrance of the rose comes from microscopic perfume glands on the petals. Sometimes rose petals are also dried and packed for commercial use as decoration or for Fragrance
- The fruit of a rose is called a rose hip Rose hips of some species are extremely rich in vitamin C, because of this the hip is sometimes made into jam, jelly, or brewed for tea. The hip also has minor medicinal uses, used in food supplements and can be pressed or filtered to make rose hip syrup. Hip seed oil is also used in skin products and makeup products.
- Historically the rose was of great importance to the Romans and Egyptians. Romans would use them as room decorations, or wear them on string around their neck and anything which was said “under the rose” was think to be a secret
- The famous Cleopatra of Egypt was believed to have covered the floor of her palace room with roses before Mark Antony visited her.
- The rose can come in all colors although a “black rose” is not actually black it is usually a dark red. Each color has a different meaning or symbolizes something different to us for example red means love, orange – desire, yellow – joy etc.
- Traditionally England is signified by the rose, it is the country’s national flower. The rose came to prominence there during the ‘Wars of the Roses’, 1455 to 1485 when the house of Lancaster was represented by the red rose and fought against the house of York which was represented by the white rose.
- In 1986 the rose also became the floral emblem of the United States. It is the official flower of four states including the state of New York, Iowa, North Dakota and Georgia.
- By offering a bunch of twelve red rose we told that ‘’Be mine’’
- It is the symbol of love, beauty and somewhere use in war and politics.
- All the fifty 50 states of America adopted it as state flower.
- Newyork has the rose as state flower, Oklahoma state uses Oklahoma rose , Georgia use Cherokee, and lova, North Dakota use wild prairie rose.
- During official declaration of national flower it was stated that it should represent the merits of our land and be national in character and qualities.
- It has the ability to tolerate high temperature. Also survive the summer sun and the evening chill.
- It is pleasure for recreational gardener and a constant challenge to the professional.
- In White House there is a beautiful Rose Garden.
Rose flower meaning:
The common flower name rose derived from French, which itself comes from Latin Rosa. The most attractive and commonly usable flower rose in common practice and traditionally believed as flower of love. It’s meaning changes with respect environment and nature of use, but mostly use as gift. No flower has the ability to beat Red rose in love expression.
The interesting and well-known fact about rose become visible or come into senses.When its symbolic meanings associated with him and offer as gift them to your loved ones,on occasion of wedding and happy birthday wishes. selecting its color and nature depends on event when we willfully choose a certain color, variety or number of roses for someone, you bring a whole new depth to the gesture of gifting roses.
The readnational here show you its basic meaning and facts about its color,nature,people attraction and enormous quality of this flower.
Why is Rose the national flower of USA ( America ) ?
Every country has unique emblems which range from anthem, uniform, tree, bird, animal and a flag alongside this country also have a national flower to represent its gardens, trade and forest habitation. All the national flowers signify certain principles that a nation stands for. Let’s know the national flower of America.
In the language of flowers roses have a unique place. From early times it inspired the people to develop and express their deep emotion ,secret expression and many more by attributing its meaning to variety, color and number of roses being gifted. Traditionally the word rose and its physical structure ,graphics, images etc use for love or to say someone that I love you .Especially in European countries on the occasion of valentine,wedding and birthday gifts. It has very long history of thirty five 35 million years. It has played a central role in tradition,legend, history, and poetry from ancient times to the present.
Officially the United States Senate passed a joint resolution in 1985 asking the president to declare the rose as the national floral symbol. Finally On November 20th, Nineteen Eighty six 1986, President Ronald Reagan at White House signed a public statement officially state the rose as the national flower of United States of America ( USA).